Tuesday, June 7, 2011

paleo challenge.

as i stated in my last post, i've been wanting to create my own blog for some time now. i am obsessed with reading others blogs, but always asked myself what the heck i would write about that would be of possible interest to others? finally, i just decided i am going to do this for me. this is my journal. read it if you want.

i recently completed a build-up program at CrossFit Farmland. starting yesterday, the coaches started a 60 day "live, eat, and train better" partner challenge. without going into too much detail, the challenge consits of eating a strict paleo diet and attending at least 3 workouts at your local crossfit gym. body measurements are being taken at the beginning and at the end of the challenge, along with your performance on a particular "wod." let me tell ya, it was a hot one yesterday! oofta!

this is what finally motivated me to create this blog. i am going to share with you what i eat daily on the paleo diet, which in short, is a diet based on meat, vegetables, fruits, and some nuts and seeds. high protein, low carb, high (good) fat. i am also taking before and after photos of myself to share my progress!

yesterday the challenge began. i ate paleo all day, but ill be honest and say i hadnt had a chance to make it to the grocery store, so my meals were rather boring! ill save those photos for a rainy day.

however, here are my eats for today:


hello veggies!
cooked up some green and red bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, and spinach.

scrambled in some egg whites. ta da!

raspberries for my morning snack.
and i totally forgot to snap a photo of my lunch. beginner here! but it consisted of a spinach salad, with some leftover rotisserie chicken that i threw on top. sunflower seeds and balsamic vinagrette. carrots and sugar snap peas on the side!

my afternoon snack was an apple with almond butter. yum-o!

and last but not least, dinner! i grilled up some venison steaks with asparagus, mushrooms, and onion. delish!

off to watch the rest of the brewer game, then to bed i go!

2 comments:

  1. There's a Crossfit in Madison? I really need to Google and see if there is one near Eau Claire. I've heard great things about Crossfit and really want to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the one i go to is in waunakee. i think there is one in middleton also-in greenway station if you are familiar with the area!? its awesome!!

    ReplyDelete